VC3500 Double Shear Beam Load Cell
A high accuracy load cell/mounting accessory combination for large silo, tank, hopper or vessel weighing. It is an excellent solution for most high capacity applications, whether in harsh wash-down environments or hazardous areas where there is a risk of explosion. Its special certification allows use in ATEX dust zones 20, 21, 22 and gas zone 2 with no need for safety barriers – whichsaves our customers a large sum of money.
The vc3500 double shear beam load cell is manufactured from high strength 17-4PH stainless steel and available in capacities from 2,000kg to 200,000kg. For more than 20 years, it has been known worldwide as a leading load cell for high capacity weighing, thanks in part to its fully welded and hermetically sealed design, giving protection to IP68/IP69K, as well as its approval to both ATEX and IECEx directives. Clients looking for a dual (ATEX/IECEx) certified silo, vessel or tank weighing solution trust the VC3500 to meet and exceedtheir requirements worldwide.
The high strength, durable mounting accessory is available in alloy steel (painted or galvanised finish) or stainless steel. It allows for significant vessel expansion/contraction without affecting the load cell performance. Integrated holding bolts facilitate routine maintenance and simpler installation on capacities up to 75,000kg. This eliminates the need for expensive installation work, giving a very cost-effective total solution.
The VC3500 double shear beam load cell was originally devised to offer high resistance to earthquakes and strong winds, so its rugged design can withstand significant lateral, longitudinal, vertical and lift-off forces. Therefore in many cases there is no needfor costly additional restraint bars.
ghlight background=”” color=””]Key Features[/highlight]
- Trusted design for more than 20 years
- Resistant to off-axis loading
- Low profile design with substantial lift-off protection
- Capacity range 2,000kg to 200,000kg
- Fully welded and hermetically sealed stainless steel load cell, protected to IP68/IP69K
- ATEX approved version for all zones (no need for safety barriers in dust zones 20, 21, 22 or gas zone 2)
- IECEx approved version for all zones
- Options: Parylene coating for the load cell when used in extremely harsh environments, high temperature and amplified output (4-20mA) versions
- Large silo, hopper or tank weighing, even in hazardous or wash-down areas
- Offshore drilling mud vessel weighing
Ask a question about this rugged, high accuracy weighing solution for silos, vessels and tanks.